I’ve been brainstorming about this, and here are some of the things I’ve thought of:
Very practical stuff:
– Everyone arrives on time, and we start on time.
– All chanters have reviewed the service ahead of time and practiced as needed.
– If there are any decisions to be made about the service, they’ve already been discussed and settled.
– There are no restrictions on whose music we use.
– People are in the pews! (We actually have pretty good attendance at Orthros at our parish, compared to some others.)
– For me, it’s ideal to be at my own parish, because I love it and it’s home!
– We have enough time to do what we plan to do, with no set end time.
– I’m chanting with my favorite chanters! That could mean just one other person, or a group. One possibility is getting to chant with other women.
– We do the first and third odes of the canon.
– We do the praises stichologia.
– All or mostly English.
So I have a lot more practical stuff than service stuff!