Trisagion School Forums ByzB 103: T1 2021 Week 1 Brag Board

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Amy HoggAmy Hogg
      Keymaster

Tell us what you’re feeling good about this week! Was it something in the repertoire? Remembering certain symbols? Getting more skilled at counting?

Amy HoggAmy Hogg
      Keymaster

I felt a bit rusty coming back to class last night and the slow website wasn’t helping. I thought that the way we practiced rhythm seemed helpful and it wasn’t something that I had planned ahead of time, but I’m glad that we did it. More complex rhythms will be one of the big things we focus on, so we’ll probably do more of this.

Participant

The dreaded gorgon symbol is starting to make a little bit more sense to me. Repetition helps. By the way, I can’t but help think of the Gorgons of Greek mythology, which were monsters. Medusa was a gorgon and beholding her face would turn you to stone. I am trying not to turn to stone and pause in my counting whenever I see a gorgon in the music.

Amy HoggAmy Hogg
        Keymaster

How interesting! The show Stranger Things has some monsters called the demigorgon, and I’ve thought about that reference when teaching this symbol before. I suppose it must be a reference to Greek mythology. No surprise there!

Participant

I survived my first time chanting with a bishop present! There were a couple of rough moments, but overall, I didn’t do too badly. I definitely could not have done as well 6 months ago.

Amy HoggAmy Hogg
      Keymaster

Oh wow, that’s great! I’m sure it will get easier and easier the more that you do it.

Hello Amy,

In the 3rd Mode HofA 2:1 section of the guided reading the two recordings are both the same. They are both the Melos.
      Just thought I’d let you know.

Amy HoggAmy Hogg
      Keymaster

Hi,
      When I played the first one just now it was parallagi. I’m not sure why you’re having an issue. Maybe reload the page?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.