Trisagion School Forums ByzB 103: T1 2021 Q & A: General Course Questions

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Amy HoggAmy Hogg
      Keymaster

Ask general questions about the course here.

Katie BrumleyKatie Brumley
      Participant

Question: I’m downloading music and getting my playlist together for the week. Should I be listening to the Independent Reading lesson – 3rd Mode Hymns of Ascent or not until after I read it myself?

Amy HoggAmy Hogg
        Keymaster

I think it’s a great idea to try reading it yourself once or twice and then listen to the recording to make sure that you’re chanting it correctly. It’s best to check if you’re doing it correctly before doing all of the repetitions because you don’t want to practice it incorrectly. The idea is that the guided reading lesson prepares you to do the independent reading lessons more independently.

Participant

Will the recordings be posted on the course Welcome page soon?

Participant

I discovered under the guided reading section of Gabriel Cremeens’ stichologia 3rd mode there is a possible mistake on page 3 on the 3rd line above the word “net”. The word, on paper, lands on Zw, but I believe it should land on Ke.

Participant

Hi Amy,

I can’t download the audio clips for the Guided Reading lesson. They all result in “about:blank#blocked”. Can you assist?

John

Amy HoggAmy Hogg
      Keymaster

Hi John,
      Thanks for letting me know. It was a rookie mistake on my part and wasn’t hard to fix. Sorry about that!
      ~Amy

Participant

Thanks, Amy! Those work now.

However … the links to the recordings on the course intro page have the same problem, except for 4th Mode LHIC parallagi. Sorry!

Amy HoggAmy Hogg
      Keymaster

Oops, I must have done those on the same day. I’m editing my posts in a new editor now and I had to put the links in differently. I fixed those too now.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Amy HoggAmy Hogg.
      Participant

I’m a little unclear as to when we have the live sessions. The following webpage lists days and times, but I remember reading somewhere that more times have been added, but I don’t remember the specifics. Could you double check that this webpage is complete with all of the available sessions? https://trisagionschool.org/courses/byzb-103-byzantine-notation-basic-fluency/lessons/join-zoom-practice-session-3/

Amy HoggAmy Hogg
      Keymaster

Hi Diana,
      Yes, the times on this page are correct. We have 5-half hour sessions each week. I think when earlier there were only the evening sessions, and maybe just a half hour each night.

Participant

Did you happen to post a link to the Google Calendar for practice sessions & I missed it? I keep forgetting they are eastern time and I’m in central. Poor planning on my part. Thank you.

Participant

Is the link for 4th Mode LIHC correct? It looks to me like the score of 1st Mode LIHC

Amy HoggAmy Hogg
      Keymaster

Yes, it is correct. 4th Mode Sticheraric Hymns are based from Pa. If you look at the modal signature is has the stylized delta symbol associated with the 4th Mode instead of the stylized alpha symbol associated with the 1st Mode.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.